Take a look!
View our Martin Luther King, Jr.
title in its entirety.
"We have been aware of the visual presentation of history in its immediate values for learning, both by children and adults. Your presentations in illustrated history form in color have been tried out by us on several children, and they have read and looked with deep interest, and have said that they enjoyed this type of reading. These issues should be placed in the hands of all children, black and white, and they will learn the facts with less effort..."
Former Exec. Dir. of The Assoc. for the Study of Afro-American Life & History and President of Central State College
Bertram A. Fitzgerald
1853 Central Park Avenue
Yonkers, N.Y. 10710
Watch history unfold as the past comes to life
and capture the reader's interest!
Golden Legacy is a classic collection of 16 inspirational volumes.
Each volume contains 32 colorful pages and is a fully illustrated, biographical account of many significant achievements of Black men and women.
It is a widely endorsed new approach to the study of history that utilizes the appeal of the comic book format. Golden Legacy is fast, has impact and also communicates visually which increases reader comprehension and enjoyment. This high interest level series motivates fast and slow readers to read voluntarily!
In addition to its educational value, Golden Legacy performs a valuable emotional and social function. It helps create an atmosphere of harmony and mutual respect between groups. It creates pride and self-esteem while replacing myths with an appreciation for the contributions of others.
Why Golden Legacy?
- Creates greater pride and self-esteem in african-american youngsters and adults
- A fast and enjoyable fully illustrated, new approach to the study of history!
- Very inexpensive, but wonderful gift for the entire family
- Fast and enjoyable new approach to the study of history
- Easy-to-read pages motivate voluntary reading by slow as well as fast readers!
- Ideal for black and integrated classrooms!
- Creates an atmosphere of harmony and mutual respect between groups.
- Because of its very high
Interest level and content, golden legacy is used in reading classes, language arts and social studies classes for grades 4 through 12.
- Adopted by most major boards of education
The Golden Legacy Series on black history has been widely endorsed by educators, students, parents, leaders and organizations of every type!